1. Hypothetically speaking, should the QB competition between Justin Fields and Andy Dalton, end in a tie, with both training camp and preseason play accounted for, should the tie go to Fields or Dalton? If Dalton starts Week 1, when is the earliest you think we see Justin Fields this season?
2. What is your most educated guess as to Allen Robinson’s future as a Bear at this point in time? How much hotter should Ryan Pace’s seat be if the Bears let Allen Robinson walk for nothing?
3. The two young pass-catchers I personally have my eye on are TE Cole Kmet and WR Darnell Mooney. Which one of those two sophomores (so to speak) has the bigger breakout season, and how much does the answer to that question depend on who starts more games at QB?
4. If Roquan Smith does what he did in 2020 this season, do the Bears give him a similar mega-deal before Week 1 of the 2022 season?
5. Since their out-of-this-world 2018 season, the Bears defense has still been solid, but nowhere near the dominance they showed that year. This season, the Bears are returning to the basic Vic Fangio system under new defensive coordinator Sean Desai. If you take that, plus Khalil Mack at full strength (he wasn’t 100% last season), a full season from Akiem Hicks, and a sophomore breakout campaign from Jaylon Johnson, will this 2021 Bears defense be the best the franchise has had since 2018?
6. Even with Tarik Cohen back from injury and Super Bowl LIV hero Damien Williams now in the stable, do you see David Montgomery having an even better season in 2021, and is he worth taking in the fourth or fifth round in fantasy football re-draft leagues?
7. What position battles (other than QB) will you be keeping an eye on as the Bears begin training camp next week?
8. WAY TOO EARLY Predictions
-Bears 2021 MVP: Khalil Mack
-Bears 2021 Breakout Player: Darnell Mooney
-Bears 2021 Bounce-back Player: Akiem Hicks
-Bears final 2021 regular season record, place in division, playoff seed: 8-9, 2nd place, no playoffs