Dash To The Draft XIII: Mock Draft (no trades) with Joe Marino
Welcome back to Sports Krunch with DKrom ladies and gentlemen, I’m your host David Kromelow. We are now 16 [hopefully] good night sleeps away from the 2018 NFL Draft…and I obviously can’t wait even 16 more minutes. But we need to find some way to pass the time, and we plan to do so this week by recording seven more Dash To The Draft episodes in an eight-day span. Today, we would like to start this party off with a little mock draft. Here are three things to keep in mind about this mock as well as mock drafts in general:
- Mock drafts aren’t real. They are just exercises in the hypothetical and most picks in the vast majority of these mocks will turn out to be wrong on April 26.
- Although I personally like to combine my beliefs of what a team should and will do in my mocks, the mocks we will be doing these next few weeks will be more based on what a team SHOULD do since most of the intel we are hearing at the moment will likely be proven false when the picks are made in real time.
- Although you should be expecting quite a few trades on draft night, there will be no trades in this mock. However, look for there to be trades in the two other mocks we do on this program before the draft.
It was an honor to have Joe Marino, one of the best NFL Draft analysts in the business, on hand to help us with this mock. Joe is the Assistant Director of NDT Scouting, one of the premier scouting services for all kinds of people that have heavy interest in the NFL Draft. Joe is also a contributor to fanragsports.com and co-hosts the “Draft Dudes” podcast. So without further ado, we present to you Mock 3.0: DKrom Meets Marino.
- Mock Draft
- Browns: Sam Darnold
- Giants: Josh Rosen
- Jets [from Colts]: Baker Mayfield
- Browns [from Texans]: Bradley Chubb
- Broncos: Quenton Nelson
- Colts [from Jets]: Tremaine Edmunds
- Buccaneers: Saquon Barkley
- Bears: Roquan Smith
- 49ers: Derwin James
- Raiders: Jaire Alexander
- Dolphins: Denzel Ward
- Bills [from Bengals]: Isaiah Wynn
- Redskins: Minkah Fitzpatrick
- Packers: Connor Williams
- Cardinals: Mike McGlinchey
- Ravens: Billy Price
- Chargers: Vita Vea
- Seahawks: Maurice Hurst
- Cowboys: Leighton Vander Esch
- Lions: Taven Bryan
- Bengals [from Bills]: Will Hernandez
- Bills [from Chiefs]: Courtland Sutton
- Patriots [from Rams]: Harold Landry
- Panthers: Justin Reid
- Titans: Marcus Davenport
- Falcons: James Daniels
- Saints: Ronnie Harrison
- Steelers: Derrius Guice
- Jaguars: Rashaan Evans
- Vikings: Frank Ragnow
- Patriots: Kolton Miller
- Eagles: Jamarco Jones
That’s it for today here on Sports Krunch with DKrom. Stay tuned for six other new epsiodes this week, including more of our division-by-division draft previews as well as a look at this 2018 class’s long-term potential from a fantasy football perspective!! Also, be sure to check out the episode archive (including our 100th episode special, my with long-time NFL scout Greg Gabriel) as well as an up-to-date blog of mine at SportsKrunch.com!! And if you enjoy these podcast episodes please consider leaving us an iTunes review and donating to our Patreon at Patreon.com/SportsKrunch so we can improve our iTunes ranking and afford to produce even more shows with awesome guests like Joe, especially since there’s NEVER an “offseason” for talking football.
For Joe Marino, our producer Chris Brodhead, this is David Kromelow saying so long, and as always, stay awesome!!!
Joe’s Twitter handle: @TheJoeMarino