Hello again everybody, and welcome back to http://SportsKrunch.com/ with DKrom, I’m your host David Kromelow https://twitter.com/dkrom59
Well, we are now less than a month away from the 2017 NFL Draft, and we are back today with the second edition of our draft preview series.
Last week, we broke down the OL, DL, and pass rush prospects with Charles McDonald of Bleacher Report. Today, we will break down this year’s crop of DB prospects, and this bunch is arguably the deepest group in the 2017 draft.
And to help us break it all down today is our good friend Chris Trapasso https://twitter.com/ChrisTrapasso. Chris has been on the program several times before and is the editor of the SB Nation Buffalo Bills fan page http://www.buffalorumblings.com/ and is also the http://www.nfl.com/ homepage editor. Chris also wrote for CBS Sports and FOX Sports.
1. Let’s start with the safety class. The two biggest names are LSU’s Jamal Adams and Ohio State’s Malik Hooker, both expected to be top-10 picks. Who would you draft first and why? If Myles Garrett and Solomon Thomas go 1 and 2 as many mocks anticipate, which one of these two safeties would make the most sense for the Bears at three? Are there any other safeties that are worthy of first round consideration? Are they primarily box safeties or coverage safeties?
2. Let’s shift attention to this CB class. As I said in the intro, DB’s are arguably the deepest position in this draft, and this is mostly due to this crop of corners. Some have said that 7-9 corners are worthy of a first-round draft choice. How many CB’s do you have first round grades on, and who are they? There isn’t really a consensus top corner in this draft, so I was wondering which corner tops your board and why? Is this CB class deep enough that teams can find some immediate contributors at the position in rounds 4-7??
3. Sticking with CB’s for a moment, two top-shelf prospects, Sidney Jones (Washington) and Fabian Moreau (UCLA) suffered serious injuries during their pro day workouts (Jones torn Achilles, Moreau, torn pec). What would be the earliest round you would consider drafting them, and how far could you see them falling?
4. Buy or Sell: Cordrea Tankersley (Clemson), Josh Jones (N.C. State), Justin Evans (Texas A&M), Marcus Williams (Utah)
5. Name some DB prospects who you believe are flying up draft boards right now?? Any who are falling??
6. Who will wind up being the best bargain pick (on Day 3) amongst DB’s?
And that’s all for today here on Sports Krunch with DKrom. But we will be back with another edition of our draft preview next week as we look at this year’s WR and amazing TE classes. Also, be sure to check out our complete broadcast archive as well as an up-to-date blog of mine at http://sportskrunch.com/!!! For Chris Trapasso, our producer Chris Brodhead, man in the box, I’m David Kromelow saying so long and stay awesome!!!