It is the belief of many that the Chicago Bears were the winners of the 2018 offseason. Not only did they surround QB Mitchell Trubisky with a new coaching staff that can get the most out of his potential, they drastically upgraded the weapons around Trubisky AND might have had the best draft class on paper. Today, the Bears reported to training camp where they will begin to put this promise into practice. How much of that promise can be harnessed this year? Well, to help us answer that question and many others about this 2018 Chicago Bears team is our good friend Chris Shanafelt of NFLDraftBible.com.
Chris’s Twitter handle: @ChrisShanafelt
- Bears fans should start to panic if Roquan Smith’s contract isn’t done by what date?
- Who should be the bigger priority to extend: Adrian Amos or Eddie Goldman?
- How will a more physical training camp benefit a Bears team that’s been devastated by injuries in recent years?
- Does the complexity of Matt Nagy’s scheme make you worry that Trubisky might get worse before he gets better this year?
- Which one of Trubisky’s new targets will have the biggest impact this season: Allen Robinson, Trey Burton, Taylor Gabriel or Anthony Miller?
- Can Tarik Cohen be as productive in Nagy’s offense as Tyreek Hill was in Kansas City?
- What are some of the biggest position battles for Bears fans to pay attention to in training camp and who do you think has the upper hand in those specific competitions?
- Record wise, what is the floor and ceiling for the Bears in 2018?
Thank you Chris…and that’s it for today here on Sports Krunch, but we’ll be back next week with more 2018 NFL training camp coverage…so stay tuned! Meanwhile, be sure to check out the episode archive as well as an up-to-date blog of mine at SportsKrunch.com!! And if you enjoy these podcast episodes please consider leaving us an iTunes review and donating to our Patreon at Patreon.com/SportsKrunch so we can improve our iTunes ranking and afford to produce even more shows with awesome guests like Chris.
For Chris Shanafelt our producer Chris Brodhead, this is David Kromelow saying so long, and as usual, stay awesome!!!