2018 training camps are in the books and we are halfway home in the 2018 NFL preseason. This week all 32 teams will prepare for preseason game #3, which is essentially the dress rehearsal for the regular season. There were also a ton of interesting stories to take away from the “prequel” to that dress rehearsal. To recap what we saw this past week and preview what to look for in these all-important third preseason games, what better person is there than my main man Hal Bent of FullPressCoverage.com.
Hal’s Twitter handle: @halbent01
- Should Josh Allen start for the Bills in Week 1, or is it too soon to throw him to the wolves by then?
- Isn’t this textbook organizational malpractice by the Browns by not giving Baker Mayfield reps with the first-team offense?
- If nobody comes forward with an offer of a second-round pick or higher for Teddy Bridgewater, should the Jets just hang on to him and get a high 2020 compensatory pick for him instead?
- If Chad Kelly shows more progress in the final two preseason games, should the Broncos be content to keep him as Case Keenum’s backup or should they still pursue a veteran to play that role?
- After an efficient performance in the first preseason game, Andrew Luck struggled last night, going 6/13 for 50 yards, no TD’s and an interception. Based on the injury he is coming back from and the lack of proven weapons he has outside of TY Hilton, how much should expectations be tempered for Luck this season?
- What other performances in week two of the preseason stood out to you?
- Fantasy clues to look for in Preseason Week 3
-Titans: Who gets GL carries, Henry or Lewis? Which WR does Mariota trust the most?
-Steelers: Does James Washington get any reps with the first-string offense? How much does he eat into Juju Smith-Schuster’s target share?
-Bears: How is Trubisky’s connection with Allen Robinson? Does he trust Trey Burton and Anthony Miller more like I suppose?
-Chiefs: If Spencer Ware plays, how many snaps does he get with the first-team offense?
-Panthers: Does Christian McCaffrey still get GL carries?
-Patriots: How effective does Rex Burkhead look?
-Cowboys: Any WR clearly emerging as Dak’s go-to guy (Michael Gallup)
-Cardinals: Which pass-catching target is becoming the third option behind DJ and Fitz (Ricky Seals-Jones)?
-Bills: Is the Kelvin Benjamin target monster talk real?
-Bengals: What percentage of the first-team snaps does Joe Mixon play?
-Broncos: Is Case Keenum’s chemistry with Demaryius Thomas close to the level that it appears to be with Emmanuel Sanders?
-Redskins: Alex Smith/Jamison Crowder connection?
-Giants: Any improvements from the OL, especially in the run game?
-Jets: How good is Sam Darnold’s chemistry with Robby Anderson?
-Chargers: Mike Williams on the field with first-team offense in RZ?
-Saints: Kamara workhorse hype real?
Thank you Hal…and that’s it for today here on Sports Krunch, but we’ll be back with the latter two editions of our annual Fantasy Deep Dive series later this week…so stay tuned! Meanwhile, be sure to check out the episode archive as well as an up-to-date blog of mine at SportsKrunch.com!! And if you enjoy these podcast episodes please consider leaving us an iTunes review and donating to our Patreon at Patreon.com/SportsKrunch so we can improve our iTunes ranking and afford to produce even more shows with awesome guests like Hal.
For Hal Bent our producer Chris Brodhead, this is David Kromelow saying so long, and as usual, stay awesome!!!