Hello again everybody, and welcome back to SportsKrunch.com/ with DKrom, I’m your host David Kromelow.
Tonight, we continue our 2017 NFL team preview series with a look at the Philadelphia Eagles. And to help us analyze the prospects for the Eagles this season is our good friend Turron Davenport, who covers the team for USA Today’s “The Eagles Wire” and CSN Philly.
Turron’s Twitter handle: @TDavenport_NFL
1. I analyzed the Eagles 2017 draft class with a colleague of yours, Emory Hunt on a previous episode, but we didn’t get a chance to take a deeper dive into their day three picks, which impressed me almost as much as their day 1-2 picks. Adam Caplan reported they are VERY high on Mack Hollins, the North Carolina WR who they selected at 118 overall. They think he can eventually grow into a major contributor on offense? Do you have similar expectations for Hollins?
2. How much of Donnel Pumphrey can we expect to see this season?
3. With their final pick in the draft, the Eagles selected Washington DT Elijah Qualls, who would have been drafted much higher had it not been for concerns about his weight, work ethic and lack of length. A good friend of mine, Erick Trickel LOVES Qualls and thinks he can be a major steal. How did Qualls look in OTA’s and do you think he can eventually take the spot on the DL vacated by Bennie Logan?
4. Which position battles should Eagles fans pay the most attention to in training camp?
5. How much improvement should we expect from Carson Wentz this season? Who does his projected development arc compare to in your view?
6. What is the floor and ceiling record-wise for the Eagles in 2017?
And that’s all for today here on Sports Krunch with DKrom. But we plan to be back in a few days for a look at the 2017 Cincinnati Bengals with Katherine Terrell of ESPN’s NFL Nation, so stay tuned!!! Also, be sure to check out the episode archive as well as an up-to-date blog of mine at sportskrunch.com!!! For Turron Davenport, our producer Chris Brodhead, man in the box, I’m David Kromelow saying so long, of course, and stay awesome!!!