By this weekend, all 32 NFL teams will be in training camp practicing, and one week from tonight, football finally returns with the Pro Football HOF game between the Cardinals and Cowboys. Thus, there will be no more weeks without a football game from August 3-February 4, 2018. Can you feel it? Football is back, and I also hope you’ve all started working on those fantasy draft boards, since we here at Sports Krunch with DKrom have more information tonight to help you dominate your draft.
Tonight’s topic: the 2017 fantasy landscape for WR’s and TE’s. And to help us break it all down, it is a pleasure to welcome Jeff Haseley to the show for the very first time. Jeff is one of the lead writers for footballguys.com.
Jeff’s Twitter handle: @JeffHaseley
1. What makes FBG such a unique fantasy football resource and why should people subscribe?
2. Aside from the big three (Antonio Brown, Julio Jones, OBJ), which WR’s are worth drafting in the first round?
3. How comfortable would you be drafting Sammy Watkins or Keenan Allen as your team’s first WR? I know both have missed most of the past two seasons, but if healthy, they could be in the top twelve at the position in fantasy points.
4. Which half of the following WR duos do you prefer and why?
-Amari Cooper/Michael Crabtree
-Demaryius Thomas/Emmanuel Sanders
-Jamison Crowder/Terrelle Pryor
-Stefon Diggs/Adam Thielen
-Julian Edelman/Brandin Cooks
5. When is the earliest you would consider drafting Gronk given the fact he’s practicing with no limitations?
6. The TE picture after Gronk, Travis Kelce, Jordan Reed, Greg Olsen (and maybe Jimmy Graham and Delanie Walker) is pretty murky. If you haven’t picked a TE and all those guys I mentioned are off the board, who would you consider if you come to such a point in your draft?
7. In fantasy drafts, value is the name of the game. Those that wind up getting the best value out of their picks are more likely to take home the big prize in their leagues. Which’s WR’s and TE’s are the most overvalued and undervalued at the moment?
8. Buy or Sell: Pierre Garcon? Cameron Meredith? Jeremy Maclin? Devante Parker? Julius Thomas? Jack Doyle? Jared Cook?
And that’s all for today here on Sports Krunch with DKrom. But we’ll be back early next week with another footballguys.com contributor Matt Waldman, who will give us a look at the fantasy value of 2017 rookies, so stay tuned!! Also, be sure to check out the episode archive as well as an up-to-date blog of mine at sportskrunch.com!!! For Jeff Haseley, our producer Chris Brodhead, man in the box, I’m David Kromelow saying so long and stay awesome!!!