There are only two weeks left in the 2017 college football season before it’s conference championship and bowl game time, which means that NFL scouting departments will likely be watching the final snaps of (and assigning final grades to) many, if not most of the 2018 NFL Draft prospects. And in that spirit, we would like to continue our 2018 NFL Draft preview series with a look at this DB class. And to help us break down where it stands at the moment, it’s a pleasure to welcome to the program for the very first time, Josh Forrest of Tyrant Scouting. What’s up Josh??
Josh’s Twitter handle: @jpfscouting
Other handles: @Tyrant_Scouting
- This is a draft class lacking in surefire star power, but one of the few such players coming in is versatile Alabama DB Minkah Fitzpatrick. What makes him such a special player and is he worth a top-five overall pick in your view?
- Another S people were high on coming into this year was Florida State’s Derwin James. Although he is still likely to be a first-round pick at this point, many scouts/analysts have said he doesn’t look like the same player he was before his 2016 injury. Do you think he can regain his pre-injury form and do you think there are other factors for his decline in play this year?
- Aside from Fitzpatrick and James, which safeties in this class stand out to you the most?
- While there is no consensus top CB, two CB’s that have risen up draft boards are Colorado’s Isaiah Oliver and Iowa’s Josh Johnson. Do you buy the hype on them? Would any of them be the top corner on your board if the draft were held today?
- Matt Miller of Bleacher Report noted that the overall depth at CB is “way down” compared to last year. Do you share that view?
- Are there any DB’s flying under the radar right now that have the potential to send their stock skyrocketing with a good Shrine Game/Senior Bowl or combine?
- Buy or Sell: Jaire Alexander, Carlton Davis, Quenton Meeks, Kyzir White, Chase Hansen, Marcus Allen
And that’s all for today here on Sports Krunch with DKrom. But we plan to be back with more 2018 NFL Draft Previews in the weeks aheadui jjjj, so stay tuned. Also, be sure to check out the episode archive as well as an up-to-date blog of mine at sportskrunch.com!!! For Josh Forrest, our producer Chris Brodhead, man in the box, I’m David Kromelow saying so long and stay awesome!!!