Well, this is it. In just six days, the 2017 NFL season will culminate in Super Bowl LII in Minneapolis between the Philadelphia Eagles and the New England Patriots. This is a week to not only anticipate this fascinating matchup of this century’s NFL dynasty against a promising insurgent but to celebrate this game of football that we all love. And joining us once again to discuss all things Super Bowl LII is our good friend Hal Bent, who covers the NFL and Patriots for FullPressCoverage.com.
- If you were on the Pro Football HOF Board of Selectors, which five modern-era nominees would you vote for and why?
- Patriots Questions
- The last time the Patriots faced the Eagles in a Super Bowl, both OC Charlie Weis and DC Romeo Crennel left the team for head coaching jobs. Fast forward 13 years later, and the Patriots find themselves in the exact same situation, poised to lose both offensive and defensive coordinators to head coaching jobs after a rendezvous with the Eagles in a Super Bowl. Who are the top replacement candidates at the moment? How concerned should Patriots fans be going forward without Josh McDaniels and Matt Patricia?
- Since the Eagles run some very similar concepts on offense as the Chiefs did this year, do you think the Patriots defense re-watched their week 1 performance against the Chiefs to gauge what adjustments they have to make this time around? How do you see them adjusting?
- Eagles Questions
- Win or lose, is this only the beginning of a long run of championship contention for the Eagles, especially if Carson Wentz fully recovers and continues his ascent?
- How valuable is it for the Eagles to have both LeGarrette Blount and Chris Long (who were both with the Patriots last year) on their side? How valuable can their advice for the Eagles on how to play the Patriots be??
- Super Bowl LII breakdown
- Bigger mismatch: Patriots OL versus Eagles DL, or Patriots skill position players (TE, WR, RB) versus Eagles LB’s and safeties?
- Who should the Patriots take away first: Jay Ajayi or Zach Ertz?
- Even without Carson Wentz, I think the Eagles are fully capable of keeping this game close throughout because of their play in the trenches on both sides of the ball and their creativity on offense. Do you share this view or do you think the Patriots finally win a Super Bowl by two touchdowns or more?
- Potential unsung hero for the Patriots in this game?
- Potential unsung hero for the Eagles in this game?
- Final score prediction and analysis
That concludes our final game preview of the 2017 NFL season here on Sports Krunch. But as they say, there is NO offseason in the NFL. We will do a Super Bowl recap and breakdown of the 2017 season plus a look-ahead to 2018 here next week, and will return shortly after that with our annual “Dash to the Draft” series, so stay tuned!! Be sure to check out the episode archive (including all the interviews I conducted at the Senior Bowl last week) as well as an up-to-date blog of mine at SportsKrunch.com!! And if you enjoy these podcast episodes please consider leaving us an iTunes review and donating to our Patreon at Patreon.com/SportsKrunch so we can improve our iTunes ranking and afford to produce even more shows with awesome guests like Hal.
For Hal Bent, our producer Chris Brodhead, I’m David Kromelow saying so long, and of course, stay awesome!!!
Hal’s Twitter handle: @halbent01
Other Twitter handles: @MusketFire, @Cover32_NE