1. Just a few weeks ago, the Titans acquired Future Hall of Fame WR Julio Jones and a 2023 sixth-round pick from the Atlanta Falcons in exchange for Tennessee’s 2022 second-round pick and 2023 fourth-round pick. Now you add Julio Jones, who can still play at a very high level, to a Titans offense that has arguably the best running back in the NFL in Derrick Henry, A.J. Brown, who has grown into a top-10 WR in the NFL after just two seasons in the league, and a QB in Ryan Tannehill who has played at a Pro Bowl level for the last two years. Does the acquisition of Julio Jones make the Titans THE most dangerous offense in the entire NFL right now?
2. A big issue for the Titans offensively is the depth at the skill positions behind Julio Jones, A.J. Brown and Derrick Henry. Which Titans offensive skill position players do you expect to play the biggest role outside of those three?
3. For the Titans to go the distance, they are going to need FAR better play from their defense. And their defensive woes start up front, as they’ve arguably had the most anemic pass rush in the league in recent years. To address that issue, the Titans signed former Steelers pass rushing OLB Bud Dupree to a five-year deal worth up to $85 million. However, Bud Dupree is also coming off a torn ACL that he suffered late last season. When is the earliest we can expect Bud Dupree to play in 2021?
4. I was very impressed with the Titans 2021 NFL Draft, especially in the first three rounds, where they got excellent value everywhere. In the first round, they selected Virginia Tech CB Caleb Farley, who probably would’ve been a top 10-15 pick if it weren’t for his back issues. In round two, they got a potential decade-long starter at OT, either left or right, in North Dakota State’s Dillon Radunz. In round three, they added some much-needed ILB depth with Monty Rice out of Georgia, and got a potential GEM in versatile Washington DB Elijah Molden at 100 overall. What did you think of the Titans draft as a whole, and which rookie do you expect to have the biggest impact right off the bat? When it comes to Caleb Farley and Dillon Radunz, which one of those two would you say needs to absolutely ball out for the Titans to fulfill their potential?
5. An underrated potential concern for the Titans is the departure of former OC Arthur Smith to the Falcons, where he’s obviously now the head coach. Moreover, new OC Todd Downing’s previous stint in that role was underwhelming to say the least. How worried are you that losing Arthur Smith could prevent this Titans offense from reaching its ceiling?
6. What are the big Titans training camp battles for us to keep an eye on?
7. WAY TOO EARLY Predictions
-Titans 2021 MVP: Derrick Henry
-Titans 2021 Breakout Player: Amani Hooker
-Titans 2021 Bounce-back Player: Rashaan Evans
-Titans final 2021 regular season record, place in division, playoff seed: 1st place, #3 seed, 11-6
-If Titans make playoffs, how far will they go? Divisional round at least